Monday, June 21, 2010

Sometimes... You Just Know

Have you ever heard those phrases that go something like "you know when you're ____ when...?" I usually laugh at those and push them off, but I had a moment just a second ago when I went out to my car to get my ipod. I am listening to a podcast by Steven Furtick entitled "Visionary Love, Dream Sex, and Attraction," and maybe that had something to do with it, but I don't think so. I went out to my car, opened the door, and stepped inside. Now, it is a warm day outside and the leather seats (yes, I am 22 with leather seats... but my car has 141,000 miles so get over it) are nice and warm. With the inside of my office air conditioned, the heat seeping out of the seats and surrounding my body in the car felt fantastic and I just sat back and enjoyed the experience. I thought to myself, "this is contentment right here. It doesn't get much better than this moment. I think I'll just sit here for a minute." And as I sat there I thought of how much better this moment would be if my girlfriend was with me. And as I thought about that I thought about how good this moment would be without the car or the warmth or anything else if my girlfriend was with me. And I thought of how bad the other things around me could get and I could still feel this content if my girlfriend was with me... and thats when I realized it. You know you're in love when you are as content as you can be, but you know you'd be happier to give it all up just to be with someone else. Thats one way that I know.

So I guess I'm in love. Oops.

Stay Sweet,

D. Swartz

No comments:

Post a Comment