Tuesday, July 13, 2010

When Its Easy and Not So




Eph 5 19-21

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.


It is pretty easy to believe God will provide for the future when He's doing it in the present. Its not so easy to believe when He's not doing it in the present. And Its almost impossible to believe when you thought He was doing it and all of a sudden you find out He's not doing it how you thought He was. I can totally understand Gideon or the people of Israel right outside the Promised Land. They'd seen God provide a little here and there (a lot if you were there at the time), and get them through hardships, but when they needed him most the task he put before them seemed impossible. Thats almost how I feel today. I felt led to Trinity because of the education I will receive there and the way in which God provided the money for me to go there. I got $3500 in scholarships, and then was awarded eligibility for a full ride. As things turned out I didn't get the ride, but I did get a $7100 scholarship... which was a blessing. Today, I found out that the scholarship I received negated the $3500 scholarships I was previously receiving. Now, people can tell me that the I am still getting more than I would have, but because my expectations of God's provision were for $11,600 and I made plans and decisions based around that expectation, it certainly feels like God left me out to dry. That is a dangerous place to be in. I don't know how Job did it. "The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord." My prayer is that those words would be mine, regardless what God gives or takes away. Money will not bind me, nor hold me back from the will of the Lord.


1 Thes. 5:16-24

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment